Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mother Earth, Father Sky

Mother Earth, Father Sky
You blessed me today
with the sounds & sights of your lovemaking...
The wind blowing amongst the trees & leaves
like a whisper in a lover's ear.
The sun warming the Earth,
like the slight touch on a lover's skin.
And I saw & heard the river
be moved by your lovemaking too,
flowing rapidly sometimes,
slowing down to a trickle at other times,
wanting your embrace to last forever...
I am your son...
And as I opened my eyes,
I felt the wind caressing my hair,
the sun warming my own skin,
& my heart feelings flowing just like the river...
I felt loved...

Blessings,

Eduardo Martinez

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem!
    Thank you for posting this to share.

    It reminded me of the tree dances I love so much - when wind and limbs engage in a sky-born tango.

    All the best,
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yvette, for reading the poem & sharing your thoughts.

    Blessings,

    Eduardo

    ReplyDelete