Thursday, September 03, 2009

Simplicity: My new Mac Desktop Look


I decided to eliminate everything from my Mac's desktop, partly inspired by MinimalMac.com. I find the clean desktop is the equivalent of a clean desk, nothing to distract me from the chosen immediate goal or project I am working on.

In addition, this photo now on my desktop, has personal significance for me. It was taken on the beach in San Juan, Puerto Rico, where I grew up... You are welcome to download it as well (available in Picasa) & use it if you want. I have also simplified my status bar at the top, just leaving on it my wireless Airport status icon. I certainly don't need a ticking clock telling me of every passing second or minute ;-)

Let me know if you have felt equally inclined to unclutter (or declutter) your workspace, including your Mac or PC. By the way, I did exactly the same thing with my PC laptop for its desktop...

Blessings,

Eduardo Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment